Clos De Gamot
The Jouffreau family has been referenced in Prayssac since 1290. In 1610, they built a house in the middle of the vines where the current generation inhabits. It was in 1885 that Guillaume Jouffreau saved the Clos de Gamot and a significant portion of the appellation. While the vineyard was dying from the Phylloxera , during the winters of 1883 and 1884, Guillaume decided to collect the last shoots from Clos de Gamot and graft them onto Herbemont’s rootstock with success. These original plantings live on today!